Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Godly Parents

In adding to what others have said,  I thank God daily for the Christan parents that God gave us.  They taught us that through rough times God is still there and never leaves us.  What could be more valuable?   (1)  One of the most special times growing up was when Daddy would sit in our living room talking to us about spiritual things.  (2) I remember people at church saying we lived in the Tibbs mansion,  I guess that made me feel good. (3) I still smile at the times I loved to mow, rake and bail hay.  To this day I fight Bart to mow our two acres with the riding lawn mower.  (4) I remember coming home from school and yelling through the house to find Mom,  she was always there for us. (5)  I remember about junior high age, sitting in church and being so proud of Daddy carrying the offering plate down the isle, and one particular Wed. night prayer meeting when the church members were all on their knees and Daddy was pouring his heart out for the church and the families.  How valuable is that memory? !!!!  there is no way to say thank you to Mom and Dad!!  Maybe that's why we have eternity to appreciate God and our family for all they meant to us here on earth. 
 
Bonnie  Bartholomew  (Tibbs)

No comments:

Post a Comment